Thursday 11 December 2008

A season of prayer; Day 9

Share
A prayer for faith

Daddy, a new morning. 11 hours away from home and eight hours behind GMT but Lord you remain the same, you are God, here, there and everywhere. You speak all languages, your wisdom is infinite. I will continue to bless and praise your name because there is noone like you. Faithful are you O lord, mighty is your name. Be exalted O Lord, above the heavens, let your glory be over all the earth. My soul will magnify your name, my lips will rejoice and make music, my body shall dance for you are the King of Kings and Lord of Lords. None can compare to you, indeed there is no one like you.

Faith is being SURE of what we hope for, being confident of things that we have not yet seen. Lord, it's taking you at your word, that if you said it, it will come to pass. Your word says that it is impossible to please you without faith. Daddy, I know this but some days my faith vanishes out of the window as I allow fear to overwhelm me. Fear of tomorrow, fear of the unknown, fear; the devils mirage that makes me stop. O Lord, help me in my unbelief, increase my faith O Lord. I choose to trust in your word. You said that blessed are those who believe without seeing, help me Lord to keep my spiritual eyes open that I may not be overwhelmed by what my natural eyes see. That I may know that although the issues I face daily are real, Lord many are those who are with me than those who are against me, that you are for me, that you are faithful concerning your promises in my life.

Lord, when I evaluate my life, I look at those things that I do not have, I compare where I sense You want me to be to where I actually am and I ask "Is it ever gonna happen?" . Like Sarah, sometimes I laugh with a tinge of bitterness and ask "How can this be" but you are a God who does not obey natural laws, your word says If I have faith like a mustard seed, I can command mountains. Lord, give me that faith that believes for the impossible. I want to walk on water, I want to prosper in famine. I want to confess those promises in your word, irrespective of what the situation looks like. I want to live by faith!

Our relationship is by faith for how does one believe in a God that one does not see with the natural eyes but Lord I have seen your work in my life and I thank you. Lord send people into my life who strengthen and encourage me in my faith so that in trials I will not be unsettled. Help me to stand firm in you and your word for your word is truth. Let every man be a liar, you alone be true. I receive all that you have for me in Jesus name.

Thank you Lord for faith, a renewed faith. In my life, do what you alone can do O Lord in Jesus name. Amen. 2008 continues to remain our year of UNCOMMON TESTIMONIES as we have faith in our God who gives us SUPERNATURAL SUCCESS.

In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. These have come so that your faith- of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire-may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory and honour when Jesus Christ is revealed. 1st Peter 1:6-8

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks.
This prayer and yesterday's were written as though you had read my mind and were praying on my behalf

God is too awesome.

Truth said...

As He has given us a measure of faith, may we work it to His glory

O'Dee said...

"O Lord, help me in my unbelief, increase my faith O Lord. I choose to trust in your word." Amen.

Sorry I couldn't take part in the I believe in God rally. As you already know I was serving 9ja.

Zoe Believer said...

@anon: Amen and amen. Thank God for the Holy Spirit. He is too awesome...

@truth: We must keep walking in it...

@oluwadee: Amen, no wahala o

Rita said...

Every word of your prayer is like an echo of how I should pray. Thanks for this yet again.