Friday 19 December 2008

A season of prayer; Day 13

Share
A prayer for singles (Hmmm...)

Dear God, great is your faithfulness, great is your goodness towards those who fear you. Indeed you are very great. My testimony giver, my song. The One who shines light in the darkness, the one who grants me favour and makes me dine in the presence of the enemy. My Shepherd and my King. My God, I bless your name. Daddy, thank you for today. Thank you that the sun shines, the clouds bring forth rain. Thank you that the earth revolves around its axis, thank you that it still rotates around the sun. Thank you for the wisdom that you have placed in the minds of men, when I sit on a plane, I marvel. Lord, na u o. Thank you that I am still here. Father, you are worthy of praise.

Lord, thank you for the gift of being single. I know that sometimes I don't see it as a gift (U know how it is now..). Lord, teach me how to be grateful for the phase of life that I am in whilst preparing myself for where I am going. Teach me to enjoy where I'm at enroute to the next destination. Your word tells me that my maker is my Husband and truly you have been true to your word. You have stuck with me through thick and thin, loving me with an everlasting love. Thank you Jesus.

Father always remind me about what your word says about single people that we should be totally committed to working in your house for our desire should be unto you. Open my eyes to areas where I can serve; like David it is better for me to be a doorkeeper in your house than dwell in the tents of the wicked. Help me to always remember that being single does not equal being a second class citizen and that it doesn't matter what people's opinions are, you have spoken concerning my Boaz and because you have said it, I believe it and that settles it.

Thank you for giving me a renewed mind concerning the institution of marriage, thank you for the godly examples you have brought into my life, models of what it should be. Thank you for I know in this season you are shaping me into a virtuos woman, a good thing to the one who finds me. Teach me how to be a wife of noble character, one whose worth is far above rubies. May my husband have full confidence in me, I want to bring him good and not harm all the days of my life.

Father, you know it is my desire to be married, I won't even lie and say it isn't but my all consuming desire is to live a life of purpose, live the life you created me to live, doing all you created me to do. So while I wait, I wait in joy, I wait in peace, I wait in anticipation of what you are going to do, for the gift you will bless me (or have blessed me???) with. Daddy, give me the grace to encourage other single gals that we can be single and satisfied, we can be single and sassified because the totality of our beings is not our marital status. Father, I pray for Boaz, keep him safe and keep him for me. Lord give him the grace to keep me holy. Lord. I will wait for Mr Right, not Mr Right now, Mr Available or Mr patch-patch (lol!). Open my eyes to see and my ears to hear, help me not to be carried away with emotions.

Give us all the grace to be patient, to know that your time is truly the best, you said it doesn't matter so much when it happens as to who it happens with...well Lord, help me to remain pure. Thank you Jesus. I know you are working and all things will work together for my good. I give you glory, I give you praise. Living for you O Lord, that is my desire.

An unmarried woman or virgin is concerned about the Lord's affairs. Her aim is to be devoted to the Lord in both body and spirit 1st Corinthians 7:34

4 comments:

Truth said...

Praise God. I know and believe that God will definitely grant your prayers. Your bless and favour

Omonaikee said...

Dearest single and satisfied,i wanted to share something from 2 Cor. 2:9 with you...
"what eye has not seen and ear has not heard and has not entered into the heart of man, all that God has (already) prepared, MADE and KEEPS READY for those who love Him and keep him in affectionate reverence, promptly obeying Him and gratefully recognizing the benefits he has bestowed". (Amp)

Your post reflects a desire that is both valid and God- given, and its nostalgic to read ur prayers for Mr Who even though you haven't met him, God always has a way of quietening the unrest in our hearts when we're waiting for him to show up in his own timing.i find that there aren't many words to console a defferred hope in a longing heart but i know how u feel!Hugs!!!

Zoe Believer said...

@truth: Amen and amen

@omonaikee: Thanks for coming this way..thanks for the hugs and remain blessed

Remi, United Kingdom said...

Thank God I am single and sound! Hallelujah!!!!

Thank u father! As I wait for the love story you have written for me to unfold, I keep living out the life you have created and designed for me!

Thank u believer, God bless you.