Friday 12 December 2008

A season of prayer; Day 10

Share
A prayer for a new thing

Eternal rock of ages, thank you for breath. I have breath so I will praise your name. Today, I am ever thankful for the relationship that I have with you. You pursued me relentlessly, i didn't have a choice but to return the love that you have shown to me. I wasn't worthy of your love, I didn't deserve it but you loved me anyway. You are the One who has never missed a date, never been late for an appointment, loved me through weight loss and weight gain. Loved me through the valleys and the mountains. Thank you for your unfailing love. O Lord, I bless your name.

Father, your word says that I should forget the former things and not dwell on the past. Father, you know that the past has pain, the past has lack, the past is full of hurts and things I truly want to forget but Lord in my quiet moments I find myself going back and rehearsing the past and it seems I'm back at square zero. Lord give me the strength to let go of it all. Like Paul, I want to forget those things that are behind and strain towards what is ahead of me in my destiny. I want to press towards the goal to win the prize for which you have called me. I know the thoughts you have towards me are thoughts of good and not of evil to give me a future and a hope. A future and a hope...a beautiful future, a future and a hope. Father, I hope in your word.

Daddy, there are no impossibilities in you. With man, some things are impossible but with you all things are possible. O Lord, I believe you for a new thing in my family, in my future, in my finances, in my education, in my body, in my relationships, in my career, in my ministry, in my destiny. What people have called impossible, show that it is possible in Jesus name. Create ways in the wilderness and streams in the desert. Father where people see famine, show me prosperity. Isaac obeyed you and sowed in the land and he reaped a hundred fold. Thank you Lord, I step into a new day with you. In the name that guarantees an answer, the name of Jesus. Amen

Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland Isaiah 43:18-19

3 comments:

Remi, United Kingdom said...

Firstttt! Ah believer I love that verse - Isaiah 43:18-19 that has been my constant reminder this year when things in the physical does not match what God has promised, but even in the chaos, I have to see and must remember that God is doing a new thing! I mean to be in a different type of wildnerness or Chaos is a new thing because the victory therein will move me into a new begining and closer to my destiny! God bless you loads and I pray God will be your strength, your guide and comfort, he wil be your ALL....

Much much love.. keep praising keep thanking.. God is listening and I know he is appreciating!

Anonymous said...

Only God can bless you o!
I pray these prayers every day!
I believe God has answered(amin!!!)
Thanks for this.

Zoe Believer said...

@remi: I had never seen challenges that way because it is indeed a NEW way for God to show Himself strong and mighty

@nolimit: Thank God, let's keep praying for things to turn around