Monday 1 December 2008

I BELIEVE IN GOD

Share
Today, December 1st, bloggers all over the blogosphere will speak out. Today, we will say why we believe in God. Feel free to join the fun and do this on your blog.

I BELIEVE IN GOD..

Why? Simply because of His love for me.

He loved me as a seven year old who came out to ask Jesus to be her Lord and saviour. He loved me as a teenager who ran away from Him to be seen as ‘cool’. He loved me one ordinary September day in 1998 when I listened to Oslo Gospel Choir saying I could come just as I was and receive the Love of a Father that would never let me go. He loved me through seasons of doubt and being angry with Him. He loved me when I decided I was not going to pray and I was finally ready to do things my own way. He loved me when I repented and said, “I surrender”. He loved me when I left home and had to really take up the cross daily and follow Him. He loved me when the boy pointed a gun at me and told me to keep quiet. He loved me when I walked away from that with no physical or emotional scars. God loved me when I didn’t love myself, when I wanted to be thinner, lighter, darker, taller, more intelligent even more spiritual. He loved me when I didn’t believe in myself, when low self-esteem was draining my joy and stealing my life. He loved me in the season of plenty and in the season of little.

I’d always thought He must have fallen in love with me when I decided to make Him my Lord and Saviour, then I thought it must have been when I was born, when I took my first breath. Now I know, that even before the foundations of the earth, He loved me. He loved me over 2000 years ago when His Son was nailed on a cross to die for my sins. He loved me when the curtains were rent in two so that I could have direct access to Him forever, I could enter the Holy of Holies by the blood of the Lamb. He loved me then and He loves me still and it is so comforting to know. He loves me like a father, like a mother, like a friend, like a husband, it is an everlasting love.

Some do not believe there is a God because they cannot correlate a righteous God with unrighteous happenings around them. Some have believed but do not believe anymore because they experienced great disappointment and pain. I have loved and lost before but that does not negate the fact that those that I have loved still exist. To deny the existence of a Person does not make them cease to exist. When you have had conversations with a PERSON, laughed and cried with them, held them, experienced them, they cannot cease to exist..Walking with God does not mean an end to challenges, rather expect trials and tribulations but KNOW that you have a God who loves you in and through them and will stick with you no matter what.

THIS IS WHY I BELIEVE…

Read why others believe.

Favoured Girl
WriteFreak
Jaycee
Simeoneomobaba
Mimi
Chi-chi
Rita
Jewels
Solomonsydelle
Rinsola!
Lolia
God's leading lady
No Limit

12 comments:

Jennifer A. said...

Awwww...thank God...for everything.

I believe!

chichi said...

God is awesome!!

yes o we believe!!

Mimi said...

i'm a BELIEVER!! yup i stole ur name!



:) add meeeeeeeeeee to your list :) lol

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

wonderful post!!!

Anonymous said...

"I’d always thought He must have fallen in love with me when I decided to make Him my Lord and Saviour, then I thought it must have been when I was born, when I took my first breath. Now I know, that even before the foundations of the earth, He loved me."

You got me to tears right there. God is sooooo awesome!

Zoe Believer said...

@jaycee: I'm a believer.

@chichi: God bless you for sharing this with us

@mimi:Have you seen your name? Thanks for joining...

@solomonsydelle: Thanks,mum of 3, how are you doing?

@jewels: True talk

@all: Remain blessed and keep believing

Favoured Girl said...

Yes God's love is sooooo amazing! I'm loving all the wonderful testimonies I've read today on Blogville. It's great to see that so many people know God in a real and personal way!

olusimeon said...

believer, i luvd this...i can relate with almost every line..
bless your heart...

Remi, United Kingdom said...

Fabulous... piece... Papa I believe in you, even though I look around and there is chaos; it only makes me believe in you some more..

God bless you...

I BELIEVE... !!!!

NoLimit said...

This gives the "wow" effect...I believe in God!!!

The Life of a Stranger called me said...

Hey sugar hope it ok, if I post mine on friday as part of my Happy Friday everyone series. it will be a joint effort.

Zoe Believer said...

@FG:True word! Yesterday was an experience..thanks for making this happen!

@simeon: God bless you..thanks for the email

@remi:Reminds me of a song by Point of Grace

i'll be believing
I will be believing
Lord, I'll be believing you

@NoLimit: I'm believing with you

@LOASCM: No worries...