Friday 5 December 2008

A season of prayer; Day 3

Share
A prayer for the presence of God

Dear Daddy, thank you for today. Your word says that you will teach us to number our days so that we may apply ourselves to wisdom. Daddy, thank you because I am still here, hale and hearty, well fed, clothed, sheltered, educated and loved. I give you glory. Thank you for this season of drawing close to you, of learning the power of and in prayer.

Today, Daddy I'm praying to be more aware of your presence. You said that you would be with us always, even to the very end of the age. Lord, I've read this before but you know very well that I struggle with walking in this sometimes because I am more aware of situations, I am more aware of problems, I am more aware of people and things than I am of you. Lord, I want to go into the new year being aware of YOU. Of your goodness in my life, of your faithfulness, that you are with me in the fire, you are with me in the flood, you are with me in the desert, you are with me in the valleys.

Lord, you are my very present help in the time of need. In your presence is fullness of joy and at your right hand are pleasures for ever more. Like David, please forgive me for things that I have done that could cast me away from your presence. I will wait patiently for you for I know you will turn to me and hear my cry. Teach me how to rest in the shadow of the Almighty. Father, help me to remember that you will be with me in the day of trouble and will deliver me. You were with Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and Joeseph. Your presence in Joeseph's life enabled him to get to the palace irrespective of all the obstacles on his way.

Holy Spirit, always remind me that it's not about me but it's about your presence in my life. Like Moses, if your presence does not go with me, I choose not to go in that direction, give me strength o Lord. Thank you father for everything. Lord, I ask that for every one who needs it, that they be aware of your presence and not only aware of it but that they remember your presence comes with your power and your power comes with the ability to TURN THINGS AROUND.

Thank you Lord.

God is within her, she will not fall; God will help her at the break of day Psalm 46:5

2 comments:

Nwa Chi said...

You are teaching me how to pray...

Zoe Believer said...

@nwa chi: Praise God, keep praying