Monday 22 December 2008

A season of prayer; Day 14

Share
A Prayer for the anointing

Daddy, all glory is due unto your name. Be exalted O Lord above the heavens, let your glory be over all the earth. You are the covenant keeping God and there is no one like you. You keep your word to the last letter. If you have said it, you will do it. You cannot lie and you cannot fail. Father, give me the grace to do what I ought to do even when it isn't what I feel like doing. Thank you for quickening my spirit with your word, thank you for giving me the grace to live for you. Thank you for the strength to hope in your word and see you do exceedingly, abundantly and far beyond my expectations. Daddy, I give you praise. Lord, I magnify your name. You are Holy, you are Righteous, the Lion of the Tribe of Judah, the Bright and morning Star, the King and the Lord over all. At the mention of your name, every other name must bow, every tongue must confess that you are the Most High God. Jehovah Elyon..

Father your word has shown us that in creating us, you have done so with a specific purpose and mission in mind. The plans you have for us are good and not evil to bring us to an expected end. Father, King of glory when I look at myself and the journey ahead, I wonder how I can get to that place for even my strengths look puny before Goliath like challenges but Lord I remember your word also shows me that for every task there is an anointing that comes from you an empowerment to do what you have called me to do. Today O Lord I ask for a fresh anointing, just like the oil that Samuel poured on David that enabled a forgotten son to rise from obscurity to kingship, enabled him to slay the lion, the bear and Goliath, Lord let the anointing fall on me afresh and anew. Like the showbread that was continually replaced in the sanctuary O Lord, ignite me anew for I do not want to face today's battle with yesterday's anointing. I do not want to wage war with yesterday's instruments.

Your anointing breaks the yoke. Lord, let this new anointing break the yoke of limitations, the yoke of negative mindsets, the yoke of confusion, the yoke of strife, the yoke of fear. Lord, every yoke. Let me grow 'fat' (lol!) because of the anointing. Lord, your anointing comes with REVELATION..may my eyes see beyond the ordinary, your anointing comes with MANIFESTATION..may the works of my hands show that indeed your anointing has fallen upon me O Lord, you anointed your son to preach the gospel and heal the sick...everywhere He went the manifestation of your anointing was evident to all. May that be my testimony O lord in the mighty name of Jesus. Your anointing comes with TRANSFORMATION, the ability to be different, to see differently is to know differently and to know differently is to act differently. Your Spirit came upon Saul and he became a new man, Lord make me a new woman. A woman of God. A woman of purpose and passion. A woman of progress. A woman of discernment, a woman used of God to make your glory evident on the earth.

Your anointing enables me to PROPHESY, to speak your mind concerning a matter. To call those things that be not as though they were. Heavenly Father, you said you need those who are willing and obedient. Help me O lord, the anointing fell upon Saul and he began to prophecy, let your spirit enable me to speak the mind of God in my life, in my family, on the job, in your house. Everywhere I go Lord, use my mouth to speak your heart. Father, I ask your forgiveness in anyway I have taken the anointing over my life for granted. Let my testimony be that of David, always inquiring of the Lord for each step and even when I err O Lord, to come to you in total repentance. Help me Father, for to execute your will on earth, I need a fresh anointing. Thank you Holy Ghost.

Anointing, fall on me
Let the POWER of the Holy Ghost
Fall on me
Anointing fall on me


The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me because the LORD has ANOINTED me TO preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, and provide for those who grieve in Zion; to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair.They will be called oaks of righteousness,a planting of the LORD for the display of his splendor (Isiah 61:1-3)

The Spirit of the LORD will come upon you in POWER, and you will prophesy with them; and you will be changed into a different person. Once these signs are fulfilled, do whatever your hand finds to do, for God is with you. (1st Samuel 10:6)

2 comments:

Remi, United Kingdom said...

Makes want to sing that song: anointing, fall on me, anointing fall on me. Let the power of the holy ghost fall on me, anointing faaaaaallllll on meeeeeeee!!!!
God bless u luv, keep praising ah, I know baba is smiling. Just keep dancing towards his throne. I pray he will empower u with the strngth to focus, to run, to raise and reign in his power and glory in 2009. Merry Christmas!! Thank you Jesus for this beautuful season! Lots of love

Zoe Believer said...

@remi:I give God the praise; halleluyah! Merry Christmas..