Wednesday 10 December 2008

A season of prayer; Day 8

Share
A prayer for love

Daddy, thank you for a new day. A day full of opportunities; opportunities to remedy the mistakes of yesterday; opportunities to create new memories today and opportunities to sow towards the future and the hope that you have created for me. O Lord, I give you praise, Daddy I magnify your name. Thank you especially for today, today is Ebony's birthday (people please go and show some love!). Daddy thank you for her life, thank you for using her to bless us through her blog. Thank you for using her to bless me through her words, prayers and encouragement. Father, thank you because this is a new season in her life and I know that you will do wonderful things that are marvellous in our eyes in Jesus name.

Father, thank you for being a God of love, you who so loved the world that you gave your Only Beloved son to die for me while I was yet a sinner. Father, teach me how to love the way you do. Your word says that I should not love the world or the things in the world for if I do, your love is not in me for no one can serve two masters. Father, I need your love to be in me, give me the grace to always say no to the world and yes to you. The greatest commandment is not that we pray or shout or sing but that we love you with all our heart, all our mind and with all our strength. You said that if we love you we will obey your commandments. Of myself, I cannot, the pull of my flesh towards the things of this world can be so magnetic but Lord let your grace be sufficient. You said the weak should confess that they are strong, I need your strength O Lord.

You word also says, i should love my neighbour, you said we should love one another. Here, O Lord I still struggle. It can be hard work, Daddy to love without receiving anything in return, to love without it being appreciated because I know that far from being something that I feel, love is something that I do. Your word says that my love should not just be in words and tongue but in actions and truth, you said if we love one another that you would live in us and make your love complete in us. Your Word also shows that I cannot truly love you and not love others. I ask O Lord, teach me to love like you, to say sorry first, to say thank you, to be there, to be available to do what needs to be done, to laugh, to cry, to celebrate and to forgive for love covers a multitude of sins. A friend loves at all times and a brother is born for adversity. God, it's easy to write it, easy to say it but difficult to live it. The fruit of the spirit is love, Holy Spirit please plant that seed in me again and help me to do your will O lord.

Thank you for the people you have brought into my life to love me, thank you for those you have commanded me to love, even when it is difficult. I choose to love. Thank you Father for by your grace I can do. I commit all relationships that need restoration before your throne of grace. Let love be the cement that glues the broken pieces back together O Lord in Jesus name. For those who have loved and it seems that they have lost o Lord, let them be encouraged by your word which reminds us that those that leave did not belong to us for if they had belonged to us they would have remained with us; but their going showed that they did not belong to us. Give us the grace to wait for the one who will remain with us, loving unconditionally as you do. Take all the glory, take all the honour, take all the praise in Jesus name.

2008 continues to remain our year of UNCOMMON TESTIMONIES as we prepare to CROSS OVER and TAKE OVER.

Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God 1st John 4:7

Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers a multitude of sins 2nd Peter 4:8

3 comments:

Rita said...

God bless you...

Truth said...

We pray that His love will overflow in our hearts. God bless you.

Zoe Believer said...

@rita: God bless you too..

@truth: Amen, we really need it..