Sunday 7 December 2008

A season of prayer; Day 4 and 5

Share
A prayer for wisdom

King of Kings, Lord of Lords, Olodumare, Kabiyesi, Awesome one, Ancient of Days, Father of light, Father of love, the Holy One who loved an unholy people. Righteous One, who clothes me with His righteousness, the I am that I am, the I will God. The pillar that holds my life, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, my balm in Gilead, my Rose of Sharon, my lily of the valley, my bright and morning star. King of kings, there is noone like you. Take glory o Lord in the mighty name of Jesus.

Father today as I come into your presence, thanksgiving is on my lips, thanksgiving is in my heart. I am grateful for salvation, o lord to be one of the called. To be assured that my eternity will be spent with you. Lord, I am grateful for what was easy for me was not easy for you, while I was still a sinner, you sent your Son to die for me. He took the curse upon Himself that I might live a blessed life. Dear Lord, I thank you. Forgive me when I take this new life for granted. Thank you Lord.

Father your word says that we should ask that we may receive, we should seek so that we may find, we should ask and the door will be opened to us. Today O lord, I come to ask for wisdom, to know your heart and your will concerning the issues of life. Your word O Lord says that if any lack wisdom, he or she should ask God who gives generously to all and it will be given to us. Your word also says, wisdom is the principle thing and as we go for it we should add understanding. Yet again your word says that you O lord gives wisdom and from your mouth comes knowledge and understanding. Wisdom is more precious than rubies, with wisdom are riches and honour, enduring wealth and prosperity for the fruit of wisdom is better than fine gold.

Lord, I need your wisdom, not earthly wisdom, not knowledge that comes from my education or even the books I have read but Baba, wisdom that comes from you, for the wisdom that comes from you reveals the things hidden in the secret and dark places. Your wisdom comes with answers to life's questions. Daddy, you know how confused I get at the crossroads of life, turning left, right, forward and backward, making movement but not making progress. Lord give me wisdom, give me understaning. The wisdom that enables me to be a solution provider where people only see problems. Your word says that a reverent fear of you is the beginning of wisdom and knowledge of the Holy One is the beginning of understanding. Help me to fear you. Daddy, let your instruction guide me, let your discernment lead me. Even in the situations that I face, Lord show me what to do. To go forward or to wait. To say yes or to say no.

Teach me to be a wise woman who builds her house, even when the wise decision does not make sense in the natural, give me the inner strength to walk on the narrow path. Let wisdom enable me fear evil and shun evil. Thank you Lord, thank you Father. Bless me, O Lord in Jesus name. Father, grant as many as read these words your wisdom in Jesus name.

By wisdom a house is built and through understanding it is established; through knowledge its rooms are filled with rare and beautiful treasures. A wise man has great power and a man of knowledge increases strength; for waging war you need guidance and for victory many advisers Proverbs 24:3-6

5 comments:

Truth said...

ope oo, iam the first on this one.God makes way indeed where there is no way, this is the testimoney.Prayer is so important. Without it most of us would have given up a long time ago, or dead.I recomend prayer to anyone down, confuse, sick,dejected,depressed,frustrated, stressed out of life's pain, prayer has its efficacy, so let's continue to pray

Rita said...

I am enjoying this season with you

Remi, United Kingdom said...

It's funny you are praying and thanking for wisdom today, just got back from church and the message today was wisdom for God's dream that he has planted within us to be manfiested in our reality. We are the solution to the world's problem... so we need wisdom to bring forth that dream and then implement in this world, hence advancing God's kingdom!

Keep praising and thanking God and singing... I'm so enjoying this..
God bless you loads girl....
x

The Life of a Stranger called me said...

My Lord and King, Grant me your wisdom in Jesus Mighty Name I've prayed Amen.

Zoe Believer said...

@ truth:Thank God for His mercy and love. You are 1st and that was quick!

@rita:Thank God, it's really great to have you back

@remi:The Holy Spirit is one, may we always walk in wisdom

@LOASCM:Amen