Monday 19 March 2007

...You

Share
You

You are my confidant
You are my friend
You encourage me
You still make me meals..(interrupt..they are simply the best!!!!)
You pray for me
You cry with me
You make me laugh
You get angry with me sometimes but
You never forsake me
You love me unconditionally
You prophesy over my life daily
You challenge my thinking
You listen
You instill into me a sense of decorum..how to carry myself like a queen!
You are wonderful, beautiful and gracious
You are my Mummy!!

I aint no poet but i just felt the need to write some of the characteristics of my mummy. Yes mummy because sometimes when I am with her i feel like I am 6 years old again (but in a good way!!!).

Charm is deceitful and beauty is vain but a woman who fears the Lord.. is to be praised. Prov 31:30

Mummy, i know you are going to read this so i just want to say that I love you from the bottom of my heart. I know I don't say it often enough but you are simply the best. Thank you for being my mum.

To other mum's out there, I just want to encourage you. I know it is not always easy, especially in this generation when most of you have to work as well. I encourage you to keep at it, when the going gets tough, when you are not appreciated, when you just want to SCREEEAM!!

Remember that God sees you and all that you do and are doing is a seed that you are sowing of which you shall surely reap the rewards in the mighty name of Jesus.

I celebrate all the mothers out there..kudos to you. Remember what the Good Book says..

Here am I and the children whom the LORD has given me! We are for signs and wonders in Israel From the LORD of hosts, Who dwells in Mount Zion Isiah 8:18 (NKJV)

To the expectant mothers..don't worry God will surely see you through and you don't have to compare yourselves with any 'supermoms'. God has made you the best mum for your child that there can ever be.

To those waiting on the Lord for their Isaacs, Samuels and Johns..remember that in the Bible those that had to wait on the Lord for children came to be known as the mother of the prophets. I encourage you to continue to wait on the Lord, He has not forgotten you and you will surely smile. I may not know you but I pray for you all the time.

To the single sistas.. praise God cos once u become a mom ur life is changed forever!! So enjoy your shopping trips, vacations, your job, the service you give in church. Enjoy where you are on the way to where you are going. Also, help out some moms by offering to take care of the kiddies while mummy gets some 'me' time. You are sowing a very big seed.

To the guys..you are not left out..we can't be mummies without you. God bless you. Keep on being the strong men of valour that you are.

To everyone..remain blessed and highly favoured. I hope that in my ramblings you have actually found something that will add a little something special to your day.

Take care

Me

3 comments:

Truth said...

I am the most blessed mum on the earth. I want you to know that without daughters like you, l would not have been all you described me to be.god bless you and continue in His service and all your heart desire shall be granted

Daddy's Girl said...

Awww.. so sweet. I know what you mean about feeling like a 6 year old, Mummy is always Mummy regardless of her child's age.

Zoe Believer said...

@truth: You are the bomb!!

@daddy's girl:Your mum sounds really great. Thanks for your comment.