Saturday 24 March 2007

A word of encouragement

Share
Proverbs 24:10 If you faint in the day of adversity, your strength is small.

Honestly, I had never seen this Scripture as a true 'encouraging' word until today when I was meditating on something I had read in a book. Most of the time, we look at our problems, the issues that we face..praying that either they disappear or at the very least become smaller.

I got a rhema from that verse today, that rather than focusing on the trial, I should ask God to give me more strength. Adversity must surely come. Jesus told us.."in this world, you shall have tribulations and trials, but be of good cheer for I have overcome the world" John 16:33

Just as no one would ask a baby to carry a bucket of water or a heavy load, the trials that we face have come our way because our Father knows that we have what it takes to carry it (1st Corinthians 10:13) and even when we feel we don't, He has promised to bear the burdens with us. Today's trials enable me to develop my spiritual 'muscles' for tomorrow's battles.

So pray with me for more strength, more grace and more endurance. It shall surely be well with you in Jesus name.

Dear Lord,

Sometimes I feel like I am fighting battles on all sides. Some days, it seems too much and I just want to throw in the towel and give up. I have so many scars from the battles I have fought and I am so tired but I remember your word that "even the youths will become exhausted and the young men will give up...but those who wait on You will renew their strength, we will run and not grow weary, we will walk and will not faint" (Isiah 40:30-31, NLT). So I am waiting on You, your presence and your Word are renewing my strength. I draw on your wisdom and your grace which is more than sufficient to see me through. I know that if you have brought me to this, You will see me through it. So I am picking up my armour again and holding unto You until my change comes. Thank you Lord because I know You will never leave or forsake me. I pray this for me and for others who are feeling discouraged right now, please Lord reach out to them as you always do to me. I love You so, so much.

Keeping it real as always,

Your homegirl.

Hmm.. i feel so much better already. Isn't God great.

Remain blessed.

Me

3 comments:

Jennifer A. said...

I loved the prayer, esp when u said, "Lord, I'm picking up the armor again..."

Kinda like...I'm ready to fight this fight...(got me fired up!)

Truth said...

Thanks for being used of God to do this prayer, it was written at the right time. God bless u

Zoe Believer said...

@jaycee: Thanks for your comment.Yes o, we are always in battle and we need to be ever ready.

@ truth: Remain blessed and highly favoured.