Wednesday 17 February 2010

iPray: Day 17

Share
A Prayer for Singles by Tisha Smith

We are single and we rock (you need to believe this)

We are single and we pray (This is purely choice)

My dream marriage is a marriage where i can trust my hubby and where he can trust me. where he can say to me "There is nothing you could ever do to make me stop loving you" (this is what God said to me). My getting saved was a battle between me and God because i was not sure I could trust him, i wanted to trust myself but finally i needed the help of the Holy Ghost to finally trust God and then one great day, i yielded and received Christ.

iPray

When i pray to God, i am actually communicating with my first love, God almighty, friend, father, deliverer, healer, provider, lover of my soul, refuge, fortress, my kinsman-redeemer, He loves me (no strings attached).

1. That i would trust the one i marry

Growing up, i got advice from mom and many female that 'men are wicked' so deep inside me when i was operating with a man, i expect cunningness and callousness and this is sometimes true of men, but not so for the believer, the kind of man i will marry so i choose to to trust in the one the holy ghost will lead me to.

2. That i may love, honor and respect him (not to be his slave but be submissive).

Experiences with my dad and some other fellow damaged my emotions but never could break my will. so as much as i have learnt to walk with instituted authority because that is God's will and way, i always instinctively subconsciously rebel, because i believe they will not do me good. (authority are meant to do good to the people under them, it is not always so but this is the way God designed it) when authority do you wrong, God fights for you; which is why you must not fight authority or your husband.Many people don't understand submission, let me put it this way. Isaac willingly went with Abraham to be sacrificed at the altar, God eventually provided a ram but Isaac was ready to do God's will. Jesus fought at the garden of Gethsemane to obey God and eventually defeated his fears and willingly went to the cross in submission to God's will even though the nails going through his arms hurt.

3. That i may choose right with all God's wisdom and revelation

I have met all kinds of guys, the ones with habits they won't give up, the straight and the narrow, the weak minded and the weak kneed, the prince charming with all the wealth, the seemingly perfect, all have the same thing in common, they are humans with flaws.I pray that i choose the man who would willingly submit himself to the leadership of the holy spirit everyday to break him and mold him and recreate his character and be willing to walk with the holy ghost all the days of his life. so lord, i am asking for a man with a teachable spirit, not who has arrived so that when the storms of life come, we can together find security in you and in your word. (I sure don't want to be the pastor in the home).

4. That i may be willing to grow and have the patience to prevail

I have learnt that millionaires are not made in a day; that they are made by revelation from God's spirit. so even though i have dated guys with money, i understand that money is not everything because we never ever get to meet the real them. money is not the criteria by which i choose a husband. If a man is not rich in his mind and God is not his source, all the money he ever receives is bound to fly away. I pray that i will have the patience to grow and watch my husband grow into all that God has called him to be.

5. That i may glorify God and express unspeakable joy and enjoy my singleness

That i may glorify God always no matter the circumstances. that i may trust God fully and of course learn to yield more and get closer to the Holy spirit.

Tisha Smith
http://diaryofanigeriangal.blogspot.com/

8 comments:

Blessing said...

Amen...lovely pray..thanks!

Zoe Believer said...

Father Lord I thank you for the gift of being single. Sometimes an overwhelming desire to be married detracts from the joy and blessings that come with this season. For indeed it is a season and I am grateful for it.
Help me to be consumed with how I can work in your kingdom, let my heart be fixed on you, help me to be relevant in the relationships you have given me to nuture here.
Help us as singles to keep our temples pure, that our marriage beds may be undefiled, remove the spirit of confusion and help us to see clearly. Let our desire for you always be greater than our desire for a mate.
In our relationships, help us to be the right person for our mate, teach us to love, to forgive, to hold on or to let go as the case may be, give us strength O Lord.
Yes, we are single and we rock! We are single and we pray! Halleluyah to the King.
Thank you for Tisha Smith, let your hand continually be upon her that as she seeks you O lord, she will find you. It is her desire to serve you, strengthen her O lord in Jesus name. Amen and amen

jhazmyn said...

Amen Lord...Amen

The Life of a Stranger called me said...

Amen and Amen. Dear Lord continue to teach us all the importance of the single time. A time, You have pre-ordained from time to be a productive time in the work of Your Kingdom. Enable us to realise this quickly, for indeed it a time that not many know that is short. Enable us to be efficient in our Kingdom duties and give us a heart that desires to please You all the days of our lives, not just as single men and women of God, but even in the transition phase that You'll move us to. In Jesus Name. Amen.

Unknown said...

of course i will comment...
it's all great.
my emphasis is on 'teach us to love' and for me 'may i hear you clearer everyday' in Jesus name amen.

Thanks Zoe for the opportunity to minister on your page.

Jennifer A. said...

I pray for singles around the world who are still struggling with their self-confidence and self-identification. Oh Lord, I join in crying out to You to touch them right in their hearts, teach them how to love themselves first before anyone else.

Teach them that trusting in man is futile, but that when they give their "everything" to you, their heart's desires will freely come to them. Cause them to have the right focus.

Jennifer A. said...

Thanks Tisha...this was great :)

Myne said...

This is so awesome. AMEN!