Saturday 21 April 2007

Life:A-Z; B is for Brokenness

Share
When I think of this word, i think of the term 'breaking a horse'. It's a classic scene in an old Western movie, wild horses are brought to the ranch and the cowboys make wagers as to which of them will be able to break the horse, to break in this sense means to tame and make useful for a particular and specific purpose.

The aim of being broken is not to destroy the spirit of the horse.."for who can bear a broken spirit" (Prov 18:14b). Wild horses are beautiful and fast but they live for themselves, are masters onto themselves and live for no specific aim so they must be broken.

Before, I was like that wild horse, living for myself with my own plans, my own agenda, my own view e.t.c. but then I had an encounter with the Love of my life and although at the beginning it was all good and sweet, He soon made me realise that if He was going to be able to use me, He would have to break me escpecially my will so that He could use me for the specific purpose He had for me.

At first like the horse, I resisted violently but then I realised that He would be doing it Himself and because He loved me, He would never allow me go through anything beyond my capacity to endure also as I see what He is doing (this process is far from finished in my life!) it's really great! One thing I've come to realise in life is that there must be PROCESS before a PRODUCT and usually the more valuable the PRODUCT (e.g gold, perfume, pearls) the more stringent the PROCESS. Also, I noticed that He didn't change every SINGLE thing about me, just how I expressed my gifts and myself.

I think a lot of people shy away from my Love because they have this idea that you need to be perfect before He can use u, i want to tell you that is not just true..don't let our Baptist shouts and Pentecostal halleluyahs fool you. Underneath it all, there are cracks from where we have been broken and it is through these cracks that His anointing, power and love can flow from us to reach a hurting world.

Another misconception is that He will change us into 'zombies' but just like breaking the horse doesn't change it into a cow, this process just makes you the best you that you can be because the One who created you is now in charge and He knows what you are capable of. The same giftings and talents you have now will just be redirected by Him to His own purpose. So no, you don' have to join the choir if you aint got the voice ( was that sigh of relief from me or you? ha ha)

I end with some lines from one of my favourite songs..'Holiness' by Micah Stampley

Brokenness, brokenness is what I long for
Brokenness is what I need
Brokenness, brokenness is what you want from me

Remain blessed

Me

N.B Just a quick prayer

Dear Daddy

I am giving a shout out for myself and any others that have found themselves in 'breaking' encounters. Please give us the strength to endure all that we must face and also the ability to trust that you are with us in everything even when we don't understand. Also, bring divine messangers that will help us on this journey.

Thank you so much. Love u loads (though some days I know I don't act like it).

Keeping it real as always,

Your girl (I'm so proud u chose me!)

7 comments:

Daddy's Girl said...

I love this piece and especially the analogy of breaking a horse - I had never thought of it that way. Being broken is tough but so necessary. Thanks for this word, I've been blessed.

PS I love that Micah Stampley song too - it helped me through some tough times.

♥♫♪nyemoni♫♪♥ said...

Nice post...it's a good thing to be broken by the Most high...thanks for the reminder girl.. God bless..

chidi said...

i found out about your blog from nyemoni's blog. Nice blog and loved this last peice you posted

An-Igbo-Dude said...

wow
what a wonderful inspirational talk
thas exactly what i needed in my life now
nice site. keep it up. cheers

Zoe Believer said...

@DG: Thanks for the comment. Yes o the songbook of Micah is simply the best.

@nyemoni: Thanks for visiting my blog and the comment. Up ManU!

@chidi:Welcome to my blog and thanks for your comment.

@an ibo dude's corner: I'm watching your space!

The Life of a Stranger called me said...

A timely most needed piece. A message sent to me to hold out that bit longer. Throughly loved this message, It was sure for me. And Yes I did pray that little prayer. More strenght Lord, that bit more is what I need.

Zoe Believer said...

@LOASCM:He is the source of all strength. Remain blessed