Thursday 22 January 2009

A season of prayer; Day 28

Share
A Prayer for my friends

Jehovah Rohi, the Shepherd who is ever so watchful over the condition of His flocks, the One who sees the wolf coming from a distance and kills the bear that would harm one of His own. I honour and bless and glorify your name. Lord, you are good and your mercies endureth forever. Thank you Baba for your grace. Thank you for clothing me with your righteousness. Thank you for being my light, thank you for being my strength. Thank you for being my father and my friend. Thank you for being my all in all. Thank you for being my song in the night. Thank you for being my exceedingly great reward. Thank you for being my everything.

Father, in this season of prayer, I am ever mindful of the precious people you have brought my way in this journey called my life. Today I thank you for their lives, I thank you for keeping them, for providing for them and I thank you for the contributions that they have brought that have made me the woman that I am today. Your word says that it is good and pleasant when we dwell together in unity. I pray for my friends that we shall stand in unity, that even when we disagree we will not be disagreeable, that we learn to be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, that the peace of God reign and rule in our hearts in Jesus name.

Father thank you for revealing to me that I should pray that your will be done in their lives. So many times I presume to know what their prayer requests are, automatically someone without a job needs one and for singles, about marriage. Nothing bad there but Lord you created them and you alone know what their true needs are as fitting to their purpose. O Lord, your word says that although one laughs it can be a mask for deep pain within. I am not the most sensitive of people but you are, you see the tears I cannot see and the pain I cannot imagine, I ask that you meet each at their point of need in Jesus name.

Heal those who are believing you for their healing, provide for those who need to see you as Jehovah Jireh, teach those who need to learn your ways, encourage those who are about to give, be joy in spite of to those who at this point are overwhelmed with the mountain in front of them. Be their strength, be their guide in Jesus name. I pray that 2009 indeed be a year of POSSIBILITIES in the lives of my friends that you exceed their wildest expectations in the mighty name of Jesus. Let 2009 be a year of prayer, a year of seeking the face of God before taking any major step (even minor ones too.) Thank you in advance for I know that this year I will keep hearing of your goodness all around. For when my friends win, I win. Amen and amen.

"But I have prayed for you, Simon, that your faith may not fail. And when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers." Luke 22:32

Is any one of you in trouble? He should pray. Is anyone happy? Let him sing songs of praise. Is any one of you sick? He should call the elders of the church to pray over him and anoint him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise him up. If he has sinned, he will be forgiven.Therefore confess your sins to each other and PRAY FOR EACH OTHER so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective James 5:13-16

4 comments:

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

"be joy in spite of to those who at this point are overwhelmed with the mountain in front of them"

Amen

Zoe Believer said...

@SSD: Amen my sister, how are you doing?

Ayomipo Matthew Edinger said...

happy new year.

Zoe Believer said...

@Disgodkidd: Happy New Year