Tuesday 20 January 2009

A season of prayer: Day 26

Share
A Prayer for T.O.M

Father I praise you, I honour and give you thanks. This is indeed a day you have created for me to rejoice and be glad in. Father I bless and magnify your name. How many tongues can tell of your works which you have done in the midst of us. Indeed the Lord our God you are in our midst and you are MIGHTY. Eternal Rock of Ages, wonder worker, I bless and give you praise.

Daddy, I thank you for today. Today T.O.M our wonderful son, nephew, grandson, cousin e.t.c, e.t.c. is one. Today last year, we were speaking in tongues, singing, reading Bible, holding hands, giving oxygen e.t.c, e.t.c as we earnestly awaited his arrival. Today, last year I saw Big Sis in a different light (let's just leave it at that as I'm not sure I have totally recovered from the experience lol!)but Lord I thank you for your faithfulness. You came through for us that day as you always have and for that I give you praise. He came with nothing broken and nothing missing, just a handsome bobo with his cute dimples. Daddy, I thank you.

Today, he turns one, please help me forgive his mummy for taking him to NY and not allowing his crazy aunty to come and do her weird steps in her house. Daddy I thank you for as you have kept him you will continue to keep him. I prophesy that like an arrow in the hand of an archer, you will shoot him into his destiny. I plead the blood of Jesus over him at home, in the nursery, in the car, on the train, no evil shall ever come near his dwelling place in the mighty name of Jesus. I pray for his parents for grace to continue to train him in the way that he should go for when he is old he will never depart from it. I pray that your favour will rest upon him. I pray that he will grow to testify of your goodness and favour to the world. His name means, Praise God and he will live to praise you.

Father I pray that he will bring joy and happiness to his parents, I know that his future is so bright because you remain in total control. I thank you for his life, I thank you for his fineness o because it is too much. I thank you also for the fact that he can say that on his first birthday, a black man became the President of the United States of America for the first time in history. Thank you Jesus.

Happy birthday T.O.M, from your aunty (a.k.a noisemaker and kissykissy). I love you very, very much and I know we will have many more to celebrate. You are blessed and favoured by the Lord.

Train a child in the way he should go and when he is old he will never depart from it Proverbs 22:6

Sons are a heritage from the LORD,children a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one's youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their enemies in the gate Psalm 127:3-5

No comments: