Friday 17 September 2010

iPray Fridays: Divine Intervention

Share
Alarmed, Jehoshaphat resolved to inquire of the LORD, and he proclaimed a fast for all Judah.  The people of Judah came together to seek help from the LORD; indeed, they came from every town in Judah to seek him.

2nd Chronicles 20: 3-4

'Do not be afraid or discouraged because of this vast army. For the battle is not yours, but God's. Tomorrow march down against them. They will be climbing up by the Pass of Ziz, and you will find them at the end of the gorge in the Desert of Jeruel. You will not have to fight this battle. Take up your positions; stand firm and see the deliverance the LORD will give you, O Judah and Jerusalem. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. Go out to face them tomorrow, and the LORD will be with you.' "

2nd Chronicles 20: 15b-17


Dear Lord, I thank you for here we are once again, alive and able to lay before you, lift up our voices before you, bring our petitions before you. We acknowledge that there is no one like you. You are both willing and able to do of your good pleasure. You are a great and mighty King. Able to do exceedingly, abundantly, far above all that we can ask and imagine. Thank You Lord for the manifold blessings you have showered on us, both those that we are able to remember at this time and those that we cannot. Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord.


My God and my King. I acknowledge that life without you is truly like I sang as a child, 'like a doughnut...with a hole in the middle of my heart'. Life is tough but with Jesus in the boat I am always assured of making it to the other side. The One who has total command of the winds and the waves. Today O Lord, we bring pressing issues, the ones that require divine intervention before your throne of grace. The Ones that you deal with exclusively...'that all may know the hand of the Lord has done this'. Dear Lord as we pray today, we bring letters that speak against our peace before you, we bring situations that we are not even able to put into words, we acknowledge that You are our help and there is no other.


Like Jehoshaphat we bring our issues before your throne and wait and listen for divine instruction on what we should do, how we should tackle the issues. Fight or hold our peace; speak or keep quiet; run or stand still. The horse is made ready for the day of battle but victory comes from you O Lord. This is our year of victory, our year of a new song. 2010..the year of 'The Lord has done this and it is marvellous in our eyes'..Amen and Amen.


So dear brothers and sisters, say a prayer, write your prayers in the comment section...He hears, He answers.


iPray...will you?


Remain blessed and highly favoured. This is our season to reign, our season to shine.

3 comments:

Zoe Believer said...

Daddy, thank you for indeed you are God alone. I asked this morning if you say You are a prayer answering God, why do some prayers go unanswered? Why do people die when we pray for their healing? Why can't we know why? Lord, thank you for being a good God. Sometimes I admit it is hard for me to see you as a good God but deep in my heart I know that there are some things I will never understand. You said 'I always answer, just that my answer and your answer are not always the same'..hmm I need to think about that one.
Lord my prayer request concerns me and my girls..we're all in the job market and we are facing different unique challenges but Lord you are God alone, like David 'in the morning we bring our requests to you' for we know that only you can help us. We need divine intervention. Lord, I pray for myself, I am finding my writing extremely challenging, I am not my usual focused self. Lord as I take time out to be 'alone' still the many voices and let your voice shine through. Intervene in our situation O Lord in Jesus name.
Father thank you for my Mom, I know the devil is always up to his tricks, tryin to be messin with her health and all but I know you disgraced him all those years ago on Calvary and you will keep disgracing him. Intervene in her body O Lord and keep her strong.
Father thank you for my business..your word says that the lines have fallen for me in pleasant places, daddy I ask that you intervene regarding those that are trying to steal from us. Lord, you have given us the land as our own, I trust and believe you that before the end of this month even the resources we need for our project will enter our hands in Jesus name. Show us the difference between the seed to sow and the bread to eat. Lord please take total control over everything in Jesus name.

Anonymous said...

Dear Father,
Help me with my focus. Help me to focus on my work, on the people that matter, and most importantly Lord Father, help me to focus on you. Help me to realise that worshipping you is not a chore, but a pleasure.
Fill me with your strength so that I can continue to do as you have set out for me to do - Lord, let me do your work in the way you have planned for me.

Please, please Lord, don't let me be set adrift. Don't let my anger, my impatience and tiredness and desires drag me away from what you have meant for me and for me to do.

Thank you Lord, for being in my life.

Adiya said...

Dear Lord, thank you for always taking me back whenever i piss you off. That's no excuse, but please give me some of your strength so that i can please you everyday of my life. Also, could you please show me what i should be doing with my life? Please guide me- spiritually, socially, and professionally.

In Jesus' name i pray. Amen :D