Tuesday 16 September 2008

Papa

Share
I spoke to my mum a few hours ago, a close friend's dad died yesterday night. She is more like a sister than a friend, when I called her she said she knew I would be in school and she didn't want me to break down in school so she sent my mum a text instead, that's how wonderful she is!

I am shocked, not because I feel that life on this side goes on forever but just amazed at how I always seem to feel that I have enough time. Enough time to forgive the people who have hurt me, enough time to do one, two, three things that I have always wanted to do, enough time to spend in dead-end relationships that sap my joy and energy. Enough time to say thank you to those people who have been used by God to be a blessing to me.

People like Papa. That's what we called him, more like Paaaaaaaaapa, always stressing the first Pa, Papa thank you for welcoming me as a member of your family, I remember all the gists and how you used to make us watch the 9'o clock news. Thank you for the indomie and biscuits you used to pack for us when we were going back to school. Thank you for being a blessing to me. I remember our last conversation, I can't believe we won't see as agreed. Sorry this thank you comes so late. I will try and always be a good sister to ****. I thought you would wait to see us grow up.

Today, please take some time to let the people you love know you love them. It may just mean saying I love you or showing them in a way you know they will appreciate. Blogfam, I love you all. Rinrin, thank you. Thank you all for your encouragement, your support, your comments and your prayers.

It's a bittersweet moment because Papa is in a better place.

Remain blessed and highly favoured. 2008 continues to remain our year of UNCOMMON TESTIMONIES as we have been EMPOWERED TO PROSPER.

9 comments:

DiAmOnD hawk said...

thank you for the post. We need constant reminders like this... to help us realize just how precious the present is

olusimeon said...

true talk..
bless your heart

Remi, United Kingdom said...

So true... Time is like currency, once it's gone,it spent, and like currency, we never have enough of it... we don't control time! Thanks for the post... I will make sure I re-affirm that practice in my life...
Pray God comforts you and the family at this time...

much love

Rita said...

Oh dear...sorry oh...take heart...and I am going to call alot of people right now to tell them how much I love and appreciate them...may you feel an added sense of God's presence this period...

isha said...

Sorry hon, hope you and your friend and both families feel better soon. You really can't 'over-appreciate' those who mean a lot to you...

Jennifer A. said...

*Sigh*

May your lips continue to be filled with joy when you remember him...

feather said...

funny the things it takes to remind us to love.
thank you

Straight from the heart said...

Nicely put, really like it.
Yes now is the time for whatever we've got to do, we can't wait for tomorrow'cos it's not ours yet.
Well said

Anonymous said...

Nicely written. Struck a chord.

In the moments like these, I become silent.. i don't know why but it happens.

Thanks for sharing this.