Saturday 21 June 2008

The songs we sing.........

Share
It's amazing how one can sing a song so much that it becomes routine and the words seem to lose their power. During worship one day, I felt the Holy Spirit speak to me and ask..."Do you really believe the words you are singing or is it just routine? consider what you are saying and tell me how your perspective of what you are facing changes". That was an eye opener for me and I am making a concious decision to meditate on the words of each song I sing and allow it to truly minister to me.

Today's song is He is able by Morris Chapman...unfortunately I couldn't put it on the playlist but this song has been such a blessing to me.

He is able
more than able
to accomplish what concerns me today
He is able
more than able
He can handle anything that comes my way
He is able
more than able
To do much more than I could ever dream
He is able
more than able
To make me what He wants me to be


Copyright 1988 and this arr. Copyright 1990 by Maranatha! Music. Words and Music by Rory Noland and Greg Ferguson

God is more than able to take care of all that comes my way. He can handle my issues, my fears and my worries. He can make me what He wants me to be. I love this God.

Because He lives
I can face tomorrow
Because He lives
all my fears are gone
Because I know
He knows my future
and my life is worth living
just because Christ lives


Amen and amen. Why worry about tomorrow..He said, "Be anxious for nothing, pray about everything." I can face the uncertainties of tomorrow because my Lord has already gone into my future and so there is no need to be afraid. My life is worth living because He too lives.

Amen and Amen

Have a blessed weekend. 2008 remains our year of UNCOMMON TESTIMONY.

2 comments:

O'Dee said...

I so feel both songs, not only is he able 2 tk care of my issues, he is able 2 make me what he wants me 2 be.

Thanks 4 this.
Have a lvli week.

Unknown said...

I needed that part about anxiety. I stay anxious. I'm going to try to make this a reminder to relax and live in the day. Thanks for the message. xoxo