Sunday 10 February 2008

Just praise

Share
I waited patiently for the Lord; He turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; He set my feet on a ROCK and gave me a firm place to STAND. He put a NEW SONG in my mouth, a hymn of PRAISE to our God. Psalm 40:1-3a (NIV) Capitals mine

Who can fathom You
O my Lord and my King
Your ways are much higher than my ways
Your thoughts much deeper than mine
O lord indeed You are very great
Yet you choose me
To love me
To cherish me
I love you Lord
Even when I don't understand
what's going on around me
I love you
I love you
because You first loved me
.....................................................................................

You are my Master
You are my King
You are the Lover of my soul
You are my ever present Help in my time of need
You are my shield and my buckler
You are my strong tower in the storm
You are the one who is with me at ALL times
You are all these and MORE, so much more
What else can I do but lie prostrate before your presence
Saying thank you seems hardly enough
.....................................................................................

What can I say O Lord
of your goodness and mercy
of your grace and faithfulness
to me
there isn't enough time
this side of eternity
there aren't enough words
in the dictionary
but i'll start by saying
I love you
with all my heart and soul
with all that is within me
I love you
with everything
No more holding back
I abandon myself to you
I'm not afraid anymore
For I know you're loving me
too

This week I am on a mission. A mission to live without complaining about anything but thanking God for everything. A week of being grateful for all that the Lord has done and all that He is to me. A week of celebrating the good in others and affirming them and not nitpicking on what they do wrong. I'm trusting God that by His grace I will be able to do it because I can do ALL things through Him because He strengthens me. I'm just so expectant. I trust you are as well.

Remain blessed and highly favoured. As always this year continues to remain our year of UNCOMMON TESTIMONY

10 comments:

♥♫♪nyemoni♫♪♥ said...

An attidtude of praise is just a wonderful but hard to dt...as humans we compain everytime we face a challenge rather than trying to see the blessing in it...I will just praise like you and I know we shall be blessed for it!

Bless you believer! ;-)

Jennifer A. said...

Hmmm, my year of UNCOMMON TESTIMONY! (that's deep)...

"Who can fathom You
O my Lord and my King?"


No one can...

Anytime I see the word "Strong Tower," it does somn to me...because I have experienced God as a Strong Tower to me before...my protection from every other thing in this world...

I pray u'll have the grace to complete ur mission this week :)

Rinsola said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rinsola said...

I better start taking that step also. Thanking Him for everything and complaining about nothing (Your strength oh Lord).
Imagine us needing His strength to be grateful. His grace is sufficient for you, and howz your week coming?

Thirty + said...

Been a while, I have been here. Trust Baba God is taking care of you. I shall follow suit, this week is all about praising him and seeing good in everyone.

Take Charge

The Life of a Stranger called me said...

My testimony has already started. I will continue to rejoice in the Lord always.

chichi said...

hiya sweet heart; thnk God for this revelation of thanksgiving!
funny thing is he gave me that mission to begin today as i read and meditated on phil 4vs 6.
the reward for such a life is GOD's PEACE!

The Life of a Stranger called me said...

Yes dearest, I am happy and well. My goodness where do I begin?

Anonymous said...

girl where are u?

Zoe Believer said...

@all: To say I have been busy is an understatement. I am trying to learn to lay my burdens on the Master who never sleeps or slumbers.

Thanks for your wonderful comments, i trust you are all having a wonderful week