Tuesday 25 September 2007

Doing my bit

Share
some days I feel so small and insignificant
how can little ole me change the world?
i've now come to realise
that though I may not be able to change the world
by His grace
i can love you today
it could be
a smile
a hello
or a how are u doing
it could be
a word of encouragement
or a prayer whispered heavenwards
and then maybe, just maybe
i can bring
a smile to your face
and a dance to your walk
remind you that you are more than a conqueror
and you can perhaps..
pass it on

I found this in an old diary this morning when clearing out some stuff. We should never underestimate the power of 1. It took one Rosa Parks, one Martin Luther and one Nelson Mandela..sure there is power in unity, a three fold cord is not easily broken but we should also remember that in our day to day comings and going we can also be a blessing no matter how small and insignificant we may think our contributions are.

I'll leave u with a small story. A preacher called for a meeting and after preaching his heart out only 2 people gave their lives to Christ..he felt like a failure but little did he realise that day began a transformation in the life of a young man called Billy Graham who went on to be one of the greatest evangelists of all time.

I say again, never underestimate the power of 1.

Remain blessed and highly favoured

Me

N.B Thanks y'all for ur prayers and well wishes for my birthday. I had a really good day. Thank u.

21 comments:

Allied said...

i am always amazed when you write about something that's been on my mind.

I will keep this in mind. Me plus God equals Majority

Admin UD said...

Thanmks for sharing believer, exactly what i needed now. Cheers!!

Rinsola said...

i'm with allied on this, With God we sure are a majority. Thanks for the reminder. Howz ur week coming?

Aijay said...

"never underestimate the power of 1" thats so true.
How're you doing B?

Unknown said...

true ooooo....
one person can change the world...
amen

The Life of a Stranger called me said...

Babe I got to talk to you. Loving this post as usual.

7 said...

Every "bit" counts!

Jennifer A. said...

oh my goodness, must be one of the most inspiring things I've ever read. Thank u so much, I've always made the comment that it took only one man "Martin Luther King" to step up to the plate, and lo and behold I've found this same comment here today.

Thanks for the inspiration that even though each of us is just one person, we can make a diff in the world...

feather said...

havent been here for forever. i love this. when you say i can love you today, it reminds me that love's an everyday thing. i've been so busy lately that i've come to realise that when someone makes you smile, its makes a whole lot of difference

♥♫♪nyemoni♫♪♥ said...

tew sweet as always...stay blessed babes....xoxoxoxo

Unknown said...

Wow...this is my first time on this page....:-)

Now, i understand what other bloggers go on about...

There is a sense of peace on this blog site...

Take care,
Pammy

Joy Isi Bewaji said...

oh believer! you are like fresh water down my throat- very refreshing. i shall make ur blog my reference point whenever i desire to feel the joy of the Lord; and when i need to be uplifted.
loving it!

Aijay said...

I was here. Hope you're good.

Thirty + said...

Lovely piece

Allied said...

sis.. how you dey?...

Rinsola said...

And how has ur week been?

Writefreak said...

hmmm...thansk for this, it sure encourages me to do my little bit in the world...i can make a difference everyday...WORD!

Thirty + said...

Where are you na, abeg update

Joy Isi Bewaji said...

just stopped by... to say hello. hello!!

Rinsola said...

Miss lady, how'v you been? quite a while now, hope you'r doing great and howz ur week coming?

Zoe Believer said...

@all: Thank you so much for your wonderful comments and your concern. God bless you. I will be back full time soon! Remain blessed and highly favoured.