Wednesday 23 June 2010

Songs that inspire: Draw me close to you

Share
iWorship. Hmm, this song is an old one but the words of this prayer must always echo in our hearts. If we draw near to Him, He will draw near to us. He should be our desire, that One person we can never do without, our relationship with Him, that One thing we can never do without. For me, this is a prayer for I cannot say I live the reality of these words but daily I strive to. For the Father to be all I want, to be all I've ever needed. I encourage you to worship the Father today...



Draw me close to You
Never let me go
I lay it all down again
To hear You say that I'm Your friend

You are my desire
No one else will do
'Cause nothing else could take Your place
To feel the warmth of Your embrace
Help me find the way
Bring me back to You


You're all I want
You're all I've ever needed
You're all I want
Help me know You are near



5 comments:

Giagerry said...

Like u said, its old but its still one of the classics---its like my mum's fav song---you should see her when she sings it--LOL

Jennifer A. said...

This song IS one of my favorites. "You're ALL I want Lord. You're all I've ever needed."

You've been posting some really good worship songs lately. God bless you for always bringing me to my knees where they belong.

miss.fab said...

Ah... worship is always my favorite part of church services. Love this song so much

jhazmyn said...

i always believe when i was created, God put and extra dose of worship im me...lol, and this is one of my all time favs...

Berean Girl said...

This song is def. a classic.... Has the same effect everytime I hear it. Making me realize how much I need God.